THE VILLAGES OF LAKESIDE SWIMMING POOL/SPLASH PAD RULES
PLEASE BE CERTAIN TO REVIEW ALL RULES WITH FAMILY MEMBERS AND GUESTS
POOL/SPLASH PAD HOURS
(Pool/Splash Pad area opens Memorial Day, is then open weekends only until school is out, then daily through Labor Day)
Hours: 11:00am to 8:00pm daily
POOL/SPLASH PAD RULES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. THE LIFEGUARD ON DUTY IS IN CHARGE.
PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER THE POOL OR SPLASH PAD TO BE A “BABYSITTING SERVICE”. Underage, unsupervised children will not be allowed to enter the pool/splash pad area.
15 minute breaks will be taken on the 45’s each hour except at close.
The splash pad will be open during all pool hours and may be used during swim breaks.
1. Wristbands are to be worn or presented to the lifeguard on duty upon entering the pool/splash pad area. ID is required upon request by the lifeguard on duty or other authorized personnel.
2. No one is permitted in the pool/splash pad area without a wristband. Transferred wristbands will be confiscated and revoked. There is a $10.00 per-wristband fee to reissue lost, stolen or revoked wristbands.
3. No swimming will be allowed unless a lifeguard is on duty.
4. All swimmers must wear bathing suits. “Cutoffs” and jeans are not permitted.
5. Please shower to remove any suntan oil before swimming.
6. ABSOLUTELY NO GLASS CONTAINERS OR ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED IN THE POOL/SPLASH PAD AREA.
7. A parent or legal guardian must accompany any residents under 12 years of age. Babysitters/brothers/sisters must be 14 years of age or older and MUST accompany residents until 12 years of age into the water at all times. Parents or legal guardians wishing to allow younger persons to use the pool can do so as along as they accompany the younger person at all times. Persons not toilet trained must wear protective pants (“Swimmers”); diapers are not allowed in the pool/splash pad area. Soiled diapers/Swimmers must be taken with you when you leave the pool/splash pad area. Health codes prevent anyone from leaving such items in any trash receptacle in the pool/splash pad area.
8. Running, pushing, shoulder-riding, wrestling, hanging on the pool ropes and other “horseplay” are dangerous practices around the pool/splash pad area and will not be tolerated. Offenders may be asked to leave the pool/splash pad area.
9. Radios are permitted only with the use of earphones.
10. Nerf balls, beach balls, “soft” toys and pool “noodles” are allowed in the pool/splash pad area at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
11. Entering the pool/splash pad area other than during designated hours will be considered trespassing. Violation of the posted hours will result in the resident having their pool/splash pad privileges revoked. Trespassing is also punishable by law.
12. Pool/splash pad users are not permitted to visit with the lifeguard on duty. This greatly handicaps the lifeguard in performing his or her duties. Splashing or annoying the lifeguards in any fashion will not be tolerated.
13. Report any accidents to the lifeguard on duty.
14. All persons must be out of the pool/splash pad area at time of closing.
15. The lifeguards on duty have the right to send repeat rule offenders out of the pool/splash pad area and revoke their pool/splash pad passes. Repeated discipline problems will be referred to the Villages of Lakeside Board of Trustees.
16. No animals or smoking of any kind are allowed within the fenced pool/splash pad area.
17. No vulgar language or other inappropriate behavior will be tolerated.
18. Do not enter the pool/splash pad area if you or other swimmers have diarrhea or other flu-like symptoms.
19. Please remind children that splash pad water is not meant for drinking.
20. Wash hands after using the restrooms or changing diapers.
21. Take regular restroom breaks, and change diapers ONLY IN THE RESTROOMS.
22. THERE IS NO “ADULT SWIM” DURING REST BREAKS.
23. TENNIS COURTS AND PONDS ARE FOR RESIDENTS AND THEIR GUESTS. ID IS REQUIRED UPON REQUEST.
24. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT SWIMMERS WEAR “WATER SHOES”.
1. Two guests are permitted per resident family.
2. If a resident family wishes to bring more than two (2) guests, each of the extra guests must pay $1.00.
3. There is a 125 person maximum in the pool/splash pad area. The Board of Trustees reserves the right to limit the number of guests due to the size of the Villages of Lakeside pool; this is at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
POOL MAINTENANCE AND LIFEGUARD SERVICES
The Villages of Lakeside’s pool maintenance and lifeguard services are contracted through Metropolitan Pools. All job inquiries should be directed to Metropolitan Pools or call 800-532-SWIM (800-532-7946).
Questions? / Comments? Please call the association voicemail @ (216) 556-0524 and leave a message for the Board of Trustees or email the Board of Trustees.